Who can use this capability
Owners and Administrators can configure the section structure of a Brandfolder
How do I organize assets into sections?
Sections appear across the top of your Brandfolder and Collections.
They are the broadest way of organizing assets in Brandfolder and are commonly used to separate assets by their category, type, or purpose. For example, a single Files section might be too broad, making it harder to find specific types of images. Instead, you might create one section called Product Shots and one called Event Images to keep these assets separate and easier to find.
Sections allow you to provide more refinement, organization, and customization beyond the standard sections of a Brandfolder. For example, you might create:
- a People-based section named Leadership Team
- a File-based section named Product Shots
- a File-based section named Sales Sheets
- a File-based section named Presentations
- an Information-based section named About Us
- an External Media-based section named Product Videos
- a File-based section named Fonts where you upload raw font files not available in the Web Fonts section
- To add your sections select the pencil/paper icon to the left. Only Admins can customize sections.
- Click the + Add a new section button.
- You will then need to give the new section a name, and you MUST select the asset type from the drop-down menu. The most common asset type will be Files, which is anything you upload into the platform that users can download. Once these two fields are complete, select + Add Section.
- Your new section will now appear with other sections. Select Save at the bottom of the screen.
- To edit a section, you will select the pencil/paper icon.
- To the left of each section is a move-to button and a pencil/paper button. The move-to button allows you to reposition the sections in a different order. The pencil/paper button allows you to rename the section.
- To the right of each section is a trash can button. Selecting this will remove or delete a section.
- After using each function, you will want to select the save button.
If you have many different sections, you (the admin) can change your settings so that your sections appear as a drop-down menu. Go to your Settings > General Settings > Display Sections As dropdown to do this. Make sure to refresh your page for these changes to be applied.