Who can use this capability
Admins, Designers, and Authors can upload images into the asset library.
Uploading images to Content Automation
The asset library is a central repository for all the images, logos, and icons used in your documents.
How to upload an image
- First, navigate to the asset library (you can do this by selecting Assets in the left panel or by selecting Replace image while editing a document).
- Depending on how your account is set up, you will have a library called Your images (images only visible to yourself), a Team Library (images available to the team(s) you are assigned to), and/or a library for your brand’s images (images available to everyone in your organization). Select the library you wish to upload the image(s) to.
If the upload button does not appear when you select a library, it means that you are not able to upload images to that specific library.
In the following image, the Outfit Adventures library is selected. Any images uploaded will therefore live inside this library.
- Select the Upload button.
- You can either drag and drop images into the grey space, select the grey box, or paste an image URL.
- Add any relevant tags. Adding tags will allow you to search for the image easily.
- Select Upload to upload the image/s.
- Your images will be ready to use in Content Automation templates!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I unable to upload an image to the Content Automation Asset Library?
If you are unable to upload an image to your asset library, it is because the setting that allows asset uploads has been disabled for your account. Only account administrators have the ability to enable users to upload assets.
Why am I unable to upload an image to the document I am working on?
Some templates allow users to upload or replace images on templates. However, some templates do not allow users to change template images to ensure that all collateral produced in Content Automation is on-brand.