Who can use this capability
To create or modify conditional formatting rules, you must be the sheet Owner or have Admin-level sharing access to the sheet. A license is required.
Manage conditional formatting rules
You can edit your conditional formatting rules, clone them, turn them on or off, or delete them entirely. You can also reorder them; rules are applied from top to bottom in the order they appear in the conditional formatting window.
- To open the Conditional Formatting dialog, in the toolbar, select Conditional Formatting .
- Select the drop-down arrow .
- Make your selection:
- Add Condition (AND): Add more conditions to the rule.
- Clone Rule: Duplicate the rule and use it as a template to create new rules.
- Disable or Enable Rule: Turn the rule on or off.
- Delete Rule: Delete the rule entirely. You can’t undo this, so you may want to remove the rule instead.
Rules are applied from top to bottom in the list. If rules conflict, the rule higher in the list takes priority.
To change the order
- Select a rule and drag it to the new location while holding down the mouse button.