You can search for Smartsheet items (sheets, reports, dashboards, and forms) in Microsoft Teams. This feature helps you access Smartsheet items without interrupting your chat.
Once you’ve found the items, you can send them to people via the chat window, open the item in a browser, or add comments to the item.
Before you begin
- Your Sys Admin must install the Microsoft Teams integration before you can use this feature. Learn how to configure Teams to work with Smartsheet.
- You must have a Teams account and install the Teams app. Sign up for Teams here.
Search for Smartsheet items from inside Teams
- Log into Teams and start a conversation.
- At the bottom of the right pane, select Messaging extensions.
- From the popup Find an app window, select Smartsheet. You may need to search or select More apps if Smartsheet doesn’t appear.
- Sign in to Smartsheet following your organization’s process.
- Type the name of the item you want to search for in the Smartsheet popup window.
- Select the item you want to work with. The item appears in the messages area. You must send the item before you can interact with it.
When sending rows you need to know the content of the cells you’re searching for and the name of the sheet. This might be a contact, a task name, a project name.
Once the item is in the conversation box you can:
- Send the item as a message (to a Team or as a direct message).
- Open the item in a new browser window.
- Add a comment to the item (if the item allows commenting).
Using the Teams search bar to locate Smartsheet items
- At the top of the Teams box, type @Smartsheet followed by your search terms.
- Select the icon in the top right corner of the results box to copy the item; you can now paste it into the conversation box.