Create a Brandfolder Collection
Create a Brandfolder Collection with Bridge.
The Create a Brandfolder Collection template uses Bridge to automatically create a Brandfolder Collection when something in Smartsheet triggers the workflow.
For example, if you have a planning tracking sheet in Smartsheet, you can use this Bridge template to automatically create a Brandfolder Collection when you set the row status to Planning. This status change triggers the workflow in Bridge to create the Collection in Brandfolder. Then, Bridge includes a direct URL to the Collection back into your sheet, so it’s easy to find as you review your campaign plans.
- Workflow trigger: Smartsheet - When Column Values are Changed
- Workflows in this template: Bridge - Create a Brandfolder Collection Based on a Status Change and Get Brandfolder IDs.
The Bridge workflow builder must ensure the authentication of both integrations, and have the following permissions in both apps:
- Smartsheet: The workflow builder should have at least an editor permission on the sheet
- Brandfolder: The workflow builder should have an API key and Admin access to the Brandfolder
Authenticate the Brandfolder and Smartsheet integration
Read the following articles for how to authenticate both apps:
Before your start
In Smartsheet, you need the following for your sheet:
- The Sheet ID: To find this, on your sheet, select File > Properties.
- A Text/Number column: Enter Campaign Name as the column name.
- Optional: A column with the campaign description or details.
You can set up a new sheet with the required columns or add them into your existing sheet to make this template work. The following table describes the purpose, column type and whether the column is required or optional to successfully set up your workflow.
Column name (case sensitive)
Acts as the trigger for the workflow
The data in this field in Smartsheet is the name of your Brandfolder Collection.
If you add this, you can use the data in this field in Smartsheet as the tagline of your Brandfolder Collection.
You need the following in Brandfolder to use this template:
- The Brandfolder ID: You can get the IDs for all your Brandfolders using the Get Brandfolder IDs workflow included in this template set.
- Brandfolder API key: To get this, select your profile name > My Profile > Integrations.
1. Deploy the template collection
- Log in to your Bridge account.
- In the Solution Center, find and select the Create a Brandfolder Collection template.
Give your template collection a name.
The name you provide is the prefix to the default workflow name. For example, if you name the collection Test, then your new workflow would appear as Test - Get Brandfolder IDs once you deploy it.
- To add your new workflow to the list of workflows, select Deploy.
2. Get your Brandfolder IDs
- In the workflow designer, select the Get Brandfolder IDs workflow.
- Open the Run Log on the right bar .
- Select Play .
Find the Brandfolder ID you need
- Open the Run Log.
- Select Refresh.
- Expand the Completed row.
To review the Brandfolder names, expand the outputs.
- Once you find the right Brandfolder, hover over the brandfolder_id field, and select .
- To copy the Brandfolder ID value, select Copy JSON Source.
- Paste it in a notepad or any word processor until you’re ready to set up the next workflow.
3. Set up the Create a Brandfolder Collection workflow
- Go back to the workflow list.
- Select the Create a Brandfolder Collection Based on a Status Change workflow.
- Select the Create Collection module.
- In the Brandfolder ID field, paste your Brandfolder ID (without the quotation marks).
- Save the workflow.
4. Set up the trigger
For this example, the trigger is set up to run your workflow every time the value in the Status column changes.
- Select the Triggers tab, and expand the Triggers section.
- Select Add to Triggers.
- In the Trigger Name field, add a unique name for your trigger.
- In the Sheet ID field, enter the unique ID of the sheet. Refer to the Before you start section of this sheet if you need to get your sheet ID.
- In the Event Type field, select the When Column Values are Changed trigger.
- In the Column Name or ID field, type Status.
- In the Workflow list, select the Create a Brandfolder Collection Based on a Status Change workflow.
5. Workflow breakdown
Learn about what each element of the workflows does in the template.
- Brandfolder: List Brandfolders - Gets all of the Brandfolder data in your account. You can use this to see details about every Brandfolder, including IDs.
- Smartsheet: Get Row - When the Create a Brandfolder Collection Based on a Status Change workflow detects the change in the Status value in your Smartsheet sheet, the Get Row module grabs the data from that row.
- Junction: Check Status Column - Checks the value in the Status column, which compares a static value to a data reference (the cell value in the Status column from the Get Row module). If the value in the data reference matches the static value, then the workflow follows the path to create a Brandfolder Collection. Any other value results in the opposite path, which stops the workflow.
- Brandfolder: Create Collection - Creates a Collection in a specific Brandfolder. You need a Brandfolder ID to direct where the Collection should be created. The Collection Name and Tagline fields in this module pull references from the Get Row module and put the column values for the Campaign Name and Description columns.
- Brandfolder: Create Collection Link - Uses the ID for the new Brandfolder Collection to create a direct URL to it. The data reference brings the Collection ID from the Create Collection module output.
- Smartsheet: Update Row - Uses the Collection URL data reference. Then, it inserts the value as a hyperlink into the Campaign Name column. Once the workflow has run successfully, the Campaign Name value in your Smartsheet sheet will change to a hyperlink. When you select the link, your new Brandfolder Collection opens in a new tab.
Most of the modules in this list use data references.