In Smartsheet Control Center, you can manually create projects as needed, or you can provision them automatically when they’re approved.
Automatic provisioning can save time when you need to create a lot of projects from the same blueprint.
Learn more about creating projects in Control Center.
To enable auto-provisioning on a Blueprint:
- In Smartsheet Control Center, select Automations and then, at the top right select New Automation.
- Select the Blueprint for which you want to enable automated provisioning and then, at the bottom right, select Create.
- The Blueprint is now set up for auto-provisioning. Automation is on by default; use the toggle to turn it off.
To auto-provision your projects
- In Smartsheet, open the intake sheet containing the projects you want to auto-provision and mark them as approved.
Tips and tricks
- You can only use automated provisioning on Blueprints with Intake Sheets.
- You can’t edit a Blueprint if automation is enabled. Toggle automation off, edit the Blueprint, then toggle it back on again when you’re done.
- Select the More icon to the left of the project name and then select Show logs to see the status of your projects.