Who can use this capability
To connect a project sheet to a Resource Management project plan, you must be a licensed user, the Smartsheet sheet owner or admin, and a Resource Management portfolio editor, project editor or resourcing admin.
Connect a project sheet to a Resource Management project
To manage your resources via the Smartsheet panel for Resource Management, you must connect your project sheet to your Resource Management project plan.
Before you connect a project, be sure to authorize your connection.
1. In Smartsheet, create or open a project sheet with dependencies enabled. Learn how to enable dependencies and use predecessors. Make sure your sheet has the following required columns: start date, end date, assigned to, and % allocation.
- The data in the primary column will sync to Resource Management as the work item.
- Column formulas cannot be added to the % allocated or assigned columns as that will only sync from Smartsheet to Resource Management.
2. Select the menu icon in the panel > Edit Project Settings > Open Project Settings. Ensure you’ve enabled Resource Management and mapped the assigned resource and allocation % columns. Learn how to modify project settings.
3. To authorize your Resource Management account, on the right rail, select the Resource Management icon and then select Login to Resource Management.
4. Use the panel to create a new Resource Management project or connect to an existing one. Once you've added new project details, or selected an existing project, select Connect.
Users trialing Resource Management can connect a Resource Management project plan to a Smartsheet project sheet with their existing Smartsheet accounts.