Math Utility Overview
This Help Article Appears in the Following Learning Tracks
With Bridge math modules, you can manipulate simple values to change them as required within the flow of a conversation.
Add one referenced value to another.
- Add: The amount to be added
- Number: Reference to the number to be added to
Remove one referenced value from another.
- Remove: The amount to be subtracted
- Number: Reference to the number to be subtracted from
Multiply one referenced value by another.
- Multiple: The amount to multiply by
- Number: Reference to the number to be multiplied
Divide one referenced value by another. Note that dividing by 0 will return 0.
- Divider: The amount to divide by
- Number: Reference to the number to be divided
Round a referenced value by a required number of decimal places.
- Round: Number of decimal places to round to
- Number: Reference to the number to be rounded
Pick a random number from a range or pool of numbers.
Random Number Fields
- Range: Number of decimal places to round to
- Minimum: The minimum value in the number range
- Maximum: The maximum value in the number rage
- Pool: References to the pool of numbers the random number will be generated from
Sum an array of numbers together.
- Array: A reference to an array
- Path To Number: Name of the field that should be summed up
The image below shows an array with the object field 'Points' to the left. Referencing the whole array and specifying Points in the 'Path To Number' field results in the output to the right.