Who can use this capability
People with Editor-level permissions or higher may add comments and start conversations. Anybody with access to the sheet can view conversations.
Switch between row-level and sheet-level Conversations
In the Conversation panel, check all conversations. Or filter the view to conversations at the sheet level or selected row.
To use tabs in the Conversations panel
- Go to the Conversations panel.
- Choose which conversations you want to see in the panel:
- Row: See all comments on the row you select
- Sheet: See all comments only at the sheet level
- All: See all row and sheet comments
- Unread: See all unread comments
Unread comments in a conversation
Rows with new comments are marked with a red dot . The easiest way to mark an unread comment as read is to open it.
If you’re in the Unread tab in the Conversation panel, you can remove the Unread indicator by following these steps:
- Open the Conversations panel.
- Go to the Unread tab.
- Scroll to the comment you want to mark as read.
- Select .
Behavior of the Row tab
The Row tab is the default tab in the Conversation panel whenever the panel is first opened. This tab is also automatically selected when you select a cell or row while the Conversation panel is open.
If multiple rows are highlighted, you’ll only see the conversations on the first row you selected.