Who can use this capability
Resourcing Administrators can adjust notification settings for the entire account. All other users can adjust their individual notification settings if notifications are enabled on the account.
Stay informed with notifications and the activity feed
Email notifications and the activity feed help you stay informed about what’s going on with your projects and people.
Notifications can help you:
- Know the status of your assignments or tasks
- Know if a project you’re tracking has any changes
- Get the rundown on what’s happened during the day
The activity feed aggregates these important changes and displays them in a historical timeline on each project page and on your personal page.
The activity feed is a record of key project changes. It shows changes to people, projects, and assignments. Each change appears with a time and date stamp.
The activity feed is only available in English. View Resource Management in different languages.
Email notifications alert you about important changes to your assignments or projects. Notifications are smartly aggregated, meaning if you make multiple changes close together, they're all sent in one email to reduce inbox noise. You can also choose to receive a daily digest of the day’s activity.
Some email notifications are only available in English. View Resource Management in different languages.
Edit your personal notification settings
To change how often you receive notifications:
- Select Settings in the top right corner
- Select My Preferences from the drop-down list
- In the Notification Preferences section, select any of these options:
- Off: No email notifications. You can still see changes in your Activity feed.
- Immediately: Notifications go out as soon as changes are made. When multiple changes occur in a short time period, they’ll be grouped and sent in one email.
- Daily (default): You’ll receive an email each morning detailing changes made during the past 24 hours.
By default, notifications are enabled for all projects.
If you’re resourcing or planning a tentative project and don’t want to alarm or overload your team with notifications, Resourcing Admins and Portfolio Editors can mute notifications on the Project Settings page.
Following a project
You can follow the projects you’re not assigned to and get updates in your personal Activity Feed. If you're set to do so, you'll also receive email notifications about project changes.
To follow a project
- Go to the Projects page and open a project.
- Select the Activity tab.
- At the top of the Activity feed, toggle on the Follow option.
Edit account-wide notifications settings
Email notifications for people in your account are enabled by default.
If you’re a Resourcing Admin, you can set preferences in the Notifications section of the Account Settings page. Only Resourcing Admins can change notification preferences for all active people.
There are two account-wide notifications settings:
- Enable Notifications: Notifications go to all people in your account. Each person can still set their own email notification preferences from their My Preferences page.
- Disable Notifications: Disables notifications for all people in your account and hides email notification preferences from the My Preferences page.