Add Project or People Tags
Tags can help you find specific projects, people with the skills you need for those projects, and more.
Tags work well when you have basic requirements for filtering, but custom fields offer a lot more power. Custom fields can push default values to people and projects, provide dynamic filtering, and integrate with Smartsheet's advanced capabilities. Learn more about custom fields.
Administrators can add, edit, and delete tags. It’s good practice to have strong communication between administrators and project managers to maintain consistency in tagging.
To create new tags:
- Log in to rm.smartsheet.com.
- In the top right corner, select Settings > Account Settings.
- On the left sidebar, select People Tags or Project Tags.
Add project tags to create unique project categories or characteristics for filtering projects on the Project Portfolio page and in Reports.
Deleting or updating a tag removes or updates the tag for all associated projects.
Add people tags to identify skills or other unique characteristics of people. You can search tags or skills in Reports and on the Approvals page.
Use Custom Fields to increase employee profiles' depth and usability by adding properties like skills, certifications, managers, and organizational structure.
Some examples of People Tags are:
- Baking cupcakes
People can have multiple tags.
Deleting or updating a tag removes or updates the tag for all associated people.
Add People or Project Tags to a profile or project:
- Select the profile or project you want to work with.
- For a person, at the top right, select Edit Profile. For a project, at the top right, select Project Settings.
- At the bottom of the screen, select Add Tags.