Unlock a time or expense report
This Help Article Appears in the Following Learning Tracks
Unlock an approved time report to edit it.
What happens when you unlock a time or expense report?
The app tags the entry you unlocked as Pending Approval. Then, once you’re done editing the entry, it’ll show Resubmit for approval.
Who can unlock time reports?
Only these users can unlock time and expense reports:
- Admins: They can always unlock time and expense reports.
- Approvers: They can unlock time and expense reports only if the Admin allowed them to
To unlock a time or expense report
Make sure you’ve enabled approvals for time entries. If you don’t enable time-entry approvals, you won’t see the Approvals tab in your profile page.
- To go to your profile page, in the menu bar, select your name.
- Go to Approvals > Approver View.
- In the Approval Status list, select Approved.
- Optional: In the Time Frame list, select the timeline of the time report you want to unlock:
- This Year
- This Quarter
- This Month
- This Week
- Last Quarter
- Last Month
- Last Week
- Last 30 Days
- Custom Date Range: Choose the start and end dates to look at a specific timeline
- In the People list, select a person or people. After selecting a person(s), you’ll see their time in the approver view.
- Go to the time report you want to unlock, and then select Unlock.
To enable an approver to unlock time and expense reports
If you’re an Admin and you want to allow an approver to unlock time and expense reports, follow these steps:
- In the menu bar, select Settings > Account Settings.
- In the Approval Workflow section of Account Settings, select Allow approver to unlock time and expenses.