Who can use this capability
You need to be a licensed user to access Smartsheet Control Center.
Access Smartsheet Control Center
Access requirements and best practices for managing Smartsheet Control Center users.
Log in to Smartsheet Control Center
- Access Control Center or use the Launcher in the lower-left corner of Smartsheet.
- Select Log in with Smartsheet. Enter your Smartsheet email and password.
- Select Allow to give Control Center permission to access your Smartsheet account.
You have different options depending on your level of access.
If you are a Program Lead, consider creating a Smartsheet portal for the people who need to access Control Center. Include key information about your program and a link for access.
You have two ways of allowing access to Smartsheet Control Center:
- Access for individuals
- Access for a Smartsheet group
Smartsheet groups make user management easier. Only Program Leads can grant Control Center access.
To grant access to a program:
- In Smartsheet Control Center, select Manage Program.
- Next to the name of your program, click the Information icon.
- On the right panel, click Edit.
- Type the email addresses of the people you want to add.
Control Center user type restrictions
Limits apply to each user type in Control Center:
- Include up to 5 Program Leads. Individually add their email addresses.
- Include up to 10 Project Creators. Fill the slot with an individual email address, a Smartsheet Group (everyone in the group is a Project Creator), or an entire company domain (everyone in the domain is a Project Creator).
Using Smartsheet Groups with Control Center
Smartsheet Groups make access management easier. Program Leads can simply add and remove users to the group to grant access.
Program Leads can use the Program Information window in Control Center to document which Smartsheet groups have access to the program. To view program information, click the Information icon next to the program name.