SAML and SSO for Smartsheet - Overview (Enterprise Only)
This Help Article Appears in the Following Learning Tracks
With Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) and Single Sign-On (SSO), you can extend your organization’s security preferences to an Enterprise-level Smartsheet account, allowing employees to sign in to Smartsheet with their corporate credentials. When SAML is configured, employees on the company network can use the Your Company Account button on the login page and authenticate with their company provided SSO credentials.
Setting up SAML-based SSO with Smartsheet requires setting up your organization’s Identity Provider (IdP) to communicate with Smartsheet and adding a record to your organization’s Domain Name System (DNS). You may need to loop in an internal technical resource for assistance with setup and maintenance of this feature.
Smartsheet supports SAML 2 for SSO, and the following SAML 2 compliant identity providers:
SAML Set Up and Maintenance Resources
For more information on configuring and maintaining SAML-based SSO with Smartsheet, see the resources below:
- Manage Your Security and Authentication Options - Review the differences between SAML and other login methods.
- Set Up SAML 2 for Single Sign‐On to Smartsheet - Instructions for setting up SAML in Smartsheet.
- Replace an Expired IdP Certificate for SAML - Use these steps to update expiring certificates in Smartsheet.
- Configuration and Claims Examples for SAML in Smartsheet - Examples of the metadata and attributes that Smartsheet is looking for from your SSO provider.
- SAML Frequently Asked Questions and Common Errors - Frequently asked questions and solutions to common roadblocks with setting up and maintaining SAML.