Think of it as a shared storage space where you can:
- Organize different Smartsheet items—folders, sheets, reports, and dashboards—so all shared users can easily find them
- Share the workspace once to selected collaborators, so you don’t have to share each Smartsheet item (though you can if you need different permission levels on some items)
For example, you may need to create a workspace for each of your clients or each department at your organization.
Workspaces vs. folders
A workspace is like a Smartsheet folder. However, it has more functions than a folder.
What you can do with a workspace
If you’re an owner or Admin of a workspace, you can:
- Customize branding (a logo and color scheme) at the workspace level
- Share the workspace to other collaborators
Workspace collaborators with Editor - can share permissions can also share the workspace. However, they can’t add, remove, or delete items from the workspace. As new items are added to the workspace, collaborators will automatically be able to access new items without any extra sharing action required.
- Manage the items within the workspace