Who can use this capability
Users with Owner, Admin, and Editor permissions on both the source and the destination sheets can copy rows to a new sheet.
Copy rows to another sheet
Avoid manually duplicating your work by copying rows from one sheet to another.
You can copy rows automatically with an automated Copy row workflow.
Copy rows from one sheet to another
- Press and hold the Shift key (select a range of rows) or Ctrl key (select disparate rows), and select the row numbers on the left side of the sheet grid.
Child rows are included when you select parent rows. After copying the rows, delete the child rows from your destination sheet if you don't need them. Learn more about parent and child rows.
- Right-click the highlighted selection.
- In the row menu, choose Copy to Another Sheet.
- In the Copy to Another Sheet dialog, select your destination sheet.
- Optional: Select Include Attachments or Include Comments.
- Select OK.
Cell data from a row (or multiple rows) from the source sheet will be copied into a new row (or rows) at the bottom of the destination sheet. This process won't affect the source sheet.
This feature isn't available for columns; however, you can create a new column in the destination sheet and then use copy and paste to populate it with the cells from the source sheet.
Here are some things to be aware of when you use this method to copy rows to a new sheet:
- Predecessors and formulas aren’t preserved, but you can copy and paste them between the two sheets.
- Your source and destination columns should have the same column names. If the source and destination sheets have different column names or types, data from the row you copied appears in new columns to the right of the existing columns in the destination sheet. If this occurs, scroll to the right to find the data, copy it, then paste it into the desired columns.
- Error: These Rows Cannot Be Moved. If your source sheet includes system columns, and the destination sheet contains columns of the same name that aren't system columns (or vice versa), you may receive the following error message:
These rows cannot be moved because this sheet contains a System column with the same name) ... as a column in the target sheet that is not a System column.
To resolve this, you can rename the column or change its type to match the source sheet. Learn more about system columns.