Who can use this capability
Brandfolder Owners, Administrators, Collaborators, and Guests can use the integration.
Use Brandfolder assets in your WordPress pages and posts.
The WordPress Integration lets you quickly grab assets from your Brandfolder to use in your Pages and Posts. The plugin is built for the Gutenberg editor.
Setting up the integration
- Install the plugin.
- Create a new Page/Post to add your assets to.
- Add a Block to the Page/Post and select the Brandfolder icon.
- In the block, select Pick Asset.
- If this is your first time using the plugin, input your API key.
Navigating the integration
- Your Brandfolder content will appear. The integration panel allows you to navigate your content just like you would within the Brandfolder by visiting the different levels of the Brandfolder hierarchy (Organizations, Brandfolders, and Collections).
2. Once you are at the Brandfolder or Collection level, you have a few options to narrow down your content.
- You can search assets by inputting search syntaxes into the search bar. Various search syntaxes are outlined in the Searching in Brandfolder Knowledge Base article.
- You can select the pin icon in the search bar to utilize pinned searches.
- You can filter by asset status, tags, file types, custom fields, orientation, SKU, and upload date by selecting the filter button below the search bar.
- You can search for labels by selecting the label button next to the Filter button.
- You can filter by section or collection by selecting the arrow accordion to the left of All Sections or Collections.
3. You can view asset details by hovering over the asset, selecting the ellipses, and choosing view asset details.
4. From this view, scroll to the bottom and click on the actual attachment.
Utilizing Brandfolder Assets
1. Navigate to the asset you want to add by selecting the image.
2. The attachment is now an embed in your post.
3. If you need to replace the asset in that block with another, you will want to select Pick another asset.
The plugin supports the following file types: JPG, PNG, GIF, MP4, and MOV.
The plugin will not work on the classic WordPress editor.
The plugin leverages Brandfolder’s smart CDN functionality, so any changes made to the asset in Brandfolder will also propagate to your WordPress sites