Who can use this capability
Owners, Administrators, Collaborators, and Guests can utilize the Chrome extension for Brandfolder.
Sync your Brandfolder assets to the extension and share images directly into commonly used sites.
The Google Chrome extension allows you to sync Brandfolder assets to the extension and share images directly into commonly used sites via an interface similar to other Brandfolder extensions.
Downloading the extension
- Navigate to the Brandfolder extension in the Chrome Web Store.
- Select the Add to Chrome button in the top right-hand corner.
- A new window appears; select Add extension.
- A pop-up in the right-hand corner lets you know that the Brandfolder extension has been added to Chrome.
Navigating the extension
1. Select the Brandfolder icon in the Extension bar.
2. If this is your first time using the plugin, input your API key to access your assets.
3. Your Brandfolder content will appear. The integration panel allows you to navigate your content just like you would within the Brandfolder by visiting the different levels of the Brandfolder hierarchy (Organizations, Brandfolders, and Collections).
3. Once you are at the Brandfolder or Collection level, you have a few options to narrow down your content.
- You can search assets by inputting search syntaxes into the search bar. Various search syntaxes are outlined in the Searching in Brandfolder Knowledge Base article.
- You can select the pin icon in the search bar to utilize pinned searches.
- You can filter by asset status, tags, file types, custom fields, orientation, SKU, and upload date by selecting the filter button below the search bar.
- You can search for labels by selecting the label button next to the Filter button.
- You can filter by section or collection by selecting the arrow accordion to the left of All Sections or Collections.
4. You can view asset details by hovering over the asset, selecting the ellipses, and choosing view asset details.
5. From this view, scroll to the bottom and select the actual attachment.
6. On the new page, select More Options to adjust the width and height, copy the image, crop the image, or copy the CDN Embed Link.
Utilizing Brandfolder assets
Once you locate the proper assets, you have a few options for utilizing the assets depending on the site.
Download and grab from Chrome Bar
- Hover over the asset and select View Asset Details from the ellipses menu.
- If the asset is already the size and format you need, select Download Attachments.
Copy from the extension
If you want to make adjustments to the size of the asset:
1. Hover over the asset, select the ellipses menu, and choose View asset details.
2. Scroll to the bottom and select the attachment image.
3. In the new area, select More Options to adjust the width and height, copy the image, or crop the image.