Who can use this capability
Owners and Admins can view Brandfolder Insights.
Insights data in Smartsheet
The Brandfolder Insights data in Smartsheet integration will allow users to move insights data from Brandfolder directly into Smartsheet. This will give them the power to manipulate and share this data using Smartsheet tools, like reports and dashboards.
In order to use this integration, users will need Insights enabled on their Brandfolder account and also have a Smartsheet account.
Setting up the integration
- Navigate to Hi, your name in the top right-hand corner. Select My Profile. Select the Integrations tab on the left-hand side.
- From this page, you will click Connect to Smartsheet within the Smartsheet Insights Data Connector Box.
- A new modal will appear. Select Allow so Brandfolder can access your Smartsheet account.
- Users can select a Smartsheet Workspace from the drop-down to connect to their Brandfolder account. Click connect. When the connection is successful a screen will appear stating you’re successfully connected to Smartsheet
- After the two platforms have been connected, you will see a table that includes the Brandfolder name, the data sync status of each Brandfolder, an ellipses menu that houses the options to reset datasheets, and finally a sync sata toggle.
If sync is toggled on, Brandfolder will immediately send Insights data to Smartsheet. From there it will update once per day at 5:00 AM MST. If a sync fails the user will be notified in the UI.
If a user does not have access to specific Brandfolders in an organization they will not be listed in the integrations panel.
Navigating the integration in Smartsheet
After enabling data sync in Brandfolder, a folder named Brandfolder Integrations will appear in the Smartsheet Workspace that you selected. This folder will contain two sheets; one for the top assets of the Brandfolder, the other for the top users.
By opening the asset sheet you will be presented with the most recent data available for the day. Columns in the top assets sheet include asset name, views, shares, downloads, and asset link.
Selecting the paperclip icon in each row will open an attachment area to view a CDN and asset URL, clicking on these will open the image in Brandfolder.
The user sheet includes columns for users' email, full name, location, as well as the number of assets they viewed, shared, or downloaded.
For the best experience, users should treat the generated sheets as read-only. By creating a Smartsheet report and selecting the insights sheet as a source sheet or derivative sheet, users can select which columns to display, add formatting, or add filters without modifying the source sheet.
Only owners and administrators on the sheets will have the ability to edit. If a user must edit the generated sheets, here are how manipulations of the source sheets will impact the data sync:
- Default Folder: users can rename or move the default folder created by the integration.
- Sheet name and location: users can rename or move the sheets created by the integration. If the user deletes the sheet or loses owner or admin access to the sheet then syncing will fail.
- Columns: users can delete columns from a sheet. Deleted columns are not re-added on the next sync. Users can also add formatting, sort, filter, reposition, rename, freeze, or hide columns.
- Rows: users can delete rows from a sheet. Deleted rows are not re-added on the next sync. Users can add formatting, sort, filter, resolution, rename, freeze, or hide rows. Users can also add additional rows to the sheet.
- Cells: during every sync, every cell in the sheet is populated with the most recent data available. Therefore, any modifications of the data in a cell will be overwritten. Users may add formatting to a cell, and formatting will be preserved between syncs. Cells within user-added rows or columns are not modified by nightly syncs.
- Row or cell links: if a user generates a row or cell link it should not be considered permanent. The top users and top assets sheets include activity from the last 30 days. If an asset is not accessed within the last 30 days or a user does not interact with a Brandfolder for 30 days, the row corresponding to the data will be deleted on the next sync. On deletion, links to that data will become invalid.
If any accidental changes are saved to your sheets and your data becomes unrecognizable you will be able to select the reset data sheets option in Brandfolder to restore the original version. To do so simply confirm that you are trying to create a new sheet and the original version will be restored in your Smartsheet Workspace.