Who can use this capability
Anyone with a valid Smartsheet account and credentials can download and use the desktop app.
Use the Smartsheet desktop app
The Smartsheet desktop application has the same capabilities as the web application, but you need to download the desktop app for your operating system.
You can access Smartsheet right from your taskbar and consolidate all open Smartsheet items into a single application with easy-to-navigate tabs. You can also get Smartsheet notifications even after you minimize Smartsheet.
Download the Smartsheet desktop app
Enable browser extensions to get the most out of your desktop app experience.
- Download the Windows app.
- Enable browser extensions. On the last screen of the installer, select CLICK HERE to manage your extension.
Missed it? At the top left of the app, select Help > Manage extensions.
- Download the Mac app.
- At the top left of the app, select Help > Manage extensions.
- Windows 10 version 21h1 or above
- Mac x64 or M1 version 12 or above
- 500 MB disk space
- 300 MB RAM
- 1.6 GHz or faster processor
- 1 GB RAM
Tips for using the desktop app
- Each Smartsheet item opens in its own tab.
- You can change how your tabs are organized. Click, drag, and drop a tab in a new location or window, just like browser tabs. Or, right-click the tab and move it via the menu, either to a new location, new window, or as a tab in a window that is already open.
- You can open up to 100 tabs at a time.
- Click the overflow button next to the right-most tab to view any hidden tabs.
- Use the arrow buttons on the top left (over the Home icon) to scroll between items.
- The red notification badge alerts you about unread notifications or pending requests even when you are not actively working on the desktop app.
- The ability to download and use the Smartsheet desktop app is dependent on your company’s IT policies.
- Mac users will receive a prompt after their first successful login, asking them to turn on their notifications for the desktop app in their system settings. It is important for Mac users to enable their system notifications for the Smartsheet desktop app in order to be notified of new desktop app versions.
Frequently asked questions
How much does the desktop app cost?
The app is free.
Has the Smartsheet desktop app undergone an independent security review?
The Smartsheet desktop app has passed a Cyber Security Review (CSR) conducted by an independent third party. An attestation from the third-party vendor is available upon request. Contact email@example.com to request a copy of the CSR certificate.
Which authentication models does the desktop app support?
The desktop app uses the same authentication methods as the web application.
How do I ensure I have the latest version of the desktop app?
The Smartsheet desktop app will automatically detect new versions, download the latest version, and prompt you to restart the application.
How do I provide feedback on the desktop app?
Go to the help menu and select Submit feedback.
I received a 403 error message and can’t see content in my Workapp or Dashboard. How can I gain access to this content?
If you are experiencing any error preventing you from viewing content in a Workapp or Dashboard, right-click on the opened tab and select Open in Browser to view the content in your default web browser, or open your default browser and navigate to the Smartsheet page you want to access.