With summaries, you can extract key information from your report in just a few clicks using functions to calculate totals for the whole report and each grouping.
The example below shows the overall and subtotal of the following columns:
- Row IDs
To use the Summarize tab
- To open the Summary settings, on the toolbar, select the Summarize tab.
- Choose the fields you’d like to summarize.
- In the right dropdown list, select how you’d like to summarize the field(s).
The summary options for each field will vary based on the column type
- Symbol: Count
- Text/Number: Sum, Count, Average, Min, Max
- Date: First, Last, Count
- Dropdown (Single Select): Sum, Count, Average, Min, Max
- Contact: Count
- Checkbox: Count
- Auto-Number/System: Count
Summarizing source columns with a currency format
If you want to use the SUM function for data with a currency format, double-check your source sheet. Make sure all cells in the source column have the same currency. Smartsheet won’t be able to compute the total amount if there are inaccuracies in the currency format.