Connect Smartsheet with Tableau (WDC) and Other Apps (ODBC)
This Help Article Appears in the Following Learning Tracks
Integrate Smartsheet with Tableau and other apps.
Integrate with other ODBC supported services
The Smartsheet Live Data Connector provides Microsoft Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) connectivity between Smartsheet and third-party tools. It enables you to interact with and visualize data stored in Smartsheet using business analytics and data visualization software such as Tableau, QlikView / Qlik Sense, Microsoft Excel, and others.
The Live Data Connector uses ODBC interface by Microsoft that allows applications to access data in database management systems (DBMS) using SQL as a standard for accessing the data.
Before you begin, make sure you have the latest driver. Download the latest version of the ODBC Driver.
Examples of using the Live Data Connector to interact with other tools include the following:
- Create charts, graphs, pivot tables, and other visualizations in Excel with data stored in one or more Smartsheet sheets
- Create reports in Tableau with data stored in one or more Smartsheet sheets
Want to learn about the Smartsheet Live Data Connector requirements, installation requirements, and troubleshooting tips? Check out the Smartsheet Live Data Connector documentation.
I use Power BI and can't configure ODBC
With the depreciation of Internet Explorer 11, some Power BI Desktop users may not be able to configure ODBC because Power BI uses IE11 for authentication and authorization. To fix this, update your version of Power BI.
- Uninstall Power BI.
- Restart your computer.
- Download and reinstall Power BI. Verify you've installed the August 2021 version or newer
- In the Power BI security settings File > Options > Security.
- Enable Use my default web browser.