Who can use this capability
Owners, Administrators, and Collaborators can utilize the Canva integrations.
Create Canva content using Brandfolder assets.
Brandfolder offers two Canva options. The first is the Canva button integration, which allows you to create custom content without leaving the Brandfolder interface. The second is the Brandfolder plugin in the Canva application which enables you to leverage Brandfolder assets within your Canva creations.
The Canva button integration
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to enable the Canva button on your account.
- In one of your Brandfolder sections, select Create new asset.
- The create new asset modal will appear. Select Canva Design.
- Select the type of content to add to your Brandfolder. This includes content types such as business cards, flyers, brochures, and much more.
- You are now in Canva. Add your Canva-specific credentials.
- Navigate to the particular content item you are looking to edit. After making the appropriate edits, select Save to Brandfolder in the upper right-hand corner.
- Upon successful upload, the asset is available to your end-users to view, download, and share.
The Canva plug-in
In Canva, you have the option to download the Brandfolder app.
1. Within your Canva template, select More on the left-hand side, search for the Brandfolder app, and download it.
2. Input your user-specific API key.
3. Your Brandfolder content will appear in the sidebar menu. Select the desired Brandfolder or Collection you wish to choose an asset from.
4. After navigating to your asset, you can use the drag and drop function to place the file into the template or click the asset you want in the center of the document. The asset can then be scaled or repositioned to your liking.