While a project is underway, you can easily make changes to high-level project properties as well as take actions that impact all time entries for that project.
Edit Multiple Projects
When project priorities or details change, it’s important to update this information so the project data remains accurate.
To edit multiple projects:
Go to List View on the Project Portfolio.
Filter to the projects you want to edit. You can use Saved Views or Shared Views as your filters, if they apply.
For Project State, select Active. You can't update archived projects so you need to filter them out before you make your changes.
In the top right, click Edit Project.
Select the checkbox for projects you want to edit.
In the right column, select the changes you want to make and then, at the top of the screen, click Done.
Changing Project Properties
You can change Client Name or Project Type. and add or remove Project Tags.
You can also bulk edit. Project Custom Fields, as follows:
If the Custom Field is a text field, you can change this value.
If the Custom Field is a drop down menu, you can change this value.
If the Custom Field is a multiple choice drop down menu, you can add or remove values.
TIP: To create new client names or project tags, first create them in Account Settings.
You can bulk archive completed, historical projects. Archiving projects ends ongoing assignments and removes future assignments.
- On the right side bar under Actions, click Archive.
Once you've archived a project, you can't restore it.
Lock Time Entries
You can set your projects to lock incurred hours automatically.
Lock all time entries for a project
Automatically lock time entries after a set number of days. This option allows you a window in which to review and approve time entries before locking the hours. It also ensures that resources cannot go back in time and edit hours for a project.
To set hours to lock automatically:
- On the Project page, click Project Settings.
- Scroll down to Time Entry Locking and select the option you want to use.
Tip: Communicate with your team when you plan to lock hours for projects, so they can confirm their time beforehand.
Locked Hours on Timesheets
Archive or Delete a Project
Archiving maintains all data for that project in the system, but you can no longer schedule or track additional time for that project. You can still filter on archived project data on the Project Page or in Reports.
Deleting a project or phase, removes all data for that project or phase permanently. Past project data can be useful for future project planning so it’s better to archive projects. Use delete sparingly, on test projects that have no data or projects created accidentally.
To archive or delete a project, go to the Project Settings page.
Archiving a Project
To archive a project:
- Go to the project page and then click Project Settings.
- In the left column, under Project Settings, select Archive Project.
When you archive a project:
- The project moves from Active Projects to Archived Projects.
- You can no longer assign hours to the project. Future assignments for that project are removed from the Schedule and Personal Page.
- People can’t report time for the project.
Deleting a Project or Phase
Deleting a project permanently removes all data for that project or phase.
To delete a project you must first delete all associated time entries, expenses, assignments, and phases. Deleted projects cannot be recovered
To delete a phase, you must delete all time entries, expenses, and assignments associated with that phase. Deleted phases cannot be recovered.
To find and delete assignments and confirmed time associated with a phase:
- Go to the project page. On the left side bar, click Budget Report.
- First, group by Phase Name, then by Team Member.
- Under Show, filter by Phase Name and select the phase(s) you want to delete.
- Click the phase name to expand details about the date(s) of incurred or future time scheduled for that phase.
- In a new tab, go to the personal page for the person who’s filed time and delete any time tracked against the project/phase. Toggle between the two tabs to find the dates for the phase. Clear out the hours billed in each timesheet.
NOTE: You must unlock approved time entries so they can be removed.
- Go to either the Main Schedule, Project Schedule, or Project Worklist and delete any assignments.
To find and delete expenses associated with a phase:
- Change the parameters of the Budget Report you created above to view Budget: Amounts.
- Click on a person's name to expand details about the date(s) of incurred expenses.
- Manually remove expenses from the person’s Personal Page.
Expenses that have been approved must be unlocked before they can be removed.