NOTE: This article discusses Smartsheet Links, the legacy integration between Smartsheet and Salesforce. If you're looking for the Smartsheet for Salesforce Connector that allows you to automatically sync Salesforce records and Smartsheet data, see: Smartsheet Integration with Salesforce.
With Smartsheet Links, you can view Smartsheet data as an object in your Salesforce instance.
Before You Begin: Requirements
To install and set up Smartsheet Links, you must also have the following roles:
- Administrator permissions in the Salesforce application.
- Shared to the sheet in Smartsheet with Editor or Admin permissions. (See the Sharing Sheets article for more information.)
Getting the App
First, you need to get the Smartsheet for Salesforce app from the Salesforce.com AppExchange.
- Go to the Smartsheet listing on the Salesforce.com AppExchange.
- Log in with your Salesforce Administrator account by clicking Log In or Register at the top of the page.
- Click Get it Now.
Installing the App
- When prompted, select the option to install the Smartsheet for Salesforce application in your production Salesforce environment.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions, and then click Confirm and Install.
- Select Install for All Users and click Install. (To view a list of permissions for the package, click on API Access.
- Check the box for Yes, grant access to these third-party web sites, and then click Continue.
NOTE: This window does not appear if you are upgrading from an earlier version of the Smartsheet for Salesforce application.
- Once the installation has completed, click on Done on the confirmation page.
After installation, you'll be able to add Smartsheet items as object to your Salesforce instance.