When you upload data to a DataTable, you must first prepare your data.
The best way to upload data to a DataTable is via Data Shuttle. Learn more here.
Follow these guidelines:
- The first row of data in your CSV is the header. The names of each column must match the name of your DataTable field.
- The upload process ignores any CSV columns that do not match a field name in the DataTable.
Once you have prepared your data according to the guidelines, you can upload it to a DataTable.
- Click Browse (folder icon) button in the Smartsheet navigation menu and then select DataTables.
- Click the Upload a CSV file button and select the CSV file you want to upload.
- Select the destination DataTable.
- To merge the CSV into the DataTable and update existing records,check Update existing items in the DataTable.
To match rows between your CSV and DataTable, specify a Unique Identifier Field. A unique identifier is typically an ID field like a record number or employee ID.
- Click Submit. It may take up to 5 minutes for your data to be available in your DataTable.