About this template
This template lets you use a Smartsheet form to gather information about people that are added to static lists in Marketo. Static lists in Marketo can be used to send marketing emails to your users, customers or leads. If you are already using Marketo for campaigns and other customer communications this allows you to gather customer interest, requests or RSVPs in Smartsheet but send relevant emails to the person via Marketo.
You can choose to use one sheet for entries that should result in leads being added to different Static Lists or you can use multiple sheets by creating multiple triggers to the same workflow.
- Systems Used
- Workflow Trigger:
- Smartsheet - When Rows Are Added
- Templates Used:
- Bridge Workflow - 'Add Leads To Marketo Static Lists'
Deploy the template
- In the Solution Center find the template Add Leads To Marketo Static Lists in the list and click on it.
- Give your workflow a name and click Deploy. Your new workflow is now available in the list of Workflows.
- Click on the name to open it.
Set up the sheet
If you want to be able to send different emails you can set up conditional formatting in the sheet to populate the field 'Corresponding Static List' with the appropriate Static List ID. You can reference this field in the Bridge workflow and the lead will be added to whichever list you want.
If you would rather separate entries from your customers into different sheets just create several copies of this sheet and make each of them a trigger to the same workflow, as described below. Make sure to update the form to include the field 'Corresponding Static List' as a hidden field, pre-populated to the Static List ID in Marketo.
- Click on the trigger element at the start of the workflow to reveal the trigger panel on the right side of the designer. Under the section Integration Triggers, click on the link to the Integrations Page.
- Find the Marketo logo and click on it.
- Click Continue to open the Settings tab.
- Find the Client ID, Client Secret and Identity URL in your Marketo account and enter the details into the pop-up in Bridge.
- Click Register and close the pop-up.
Authenticate Smartsheet and Setup the Trigger
- Find the Smartsheet integration and click on the logo.
- If you haven't already registered the integration, click Continue in the first tab.
- In the second tab, click on Authenticate. This brings up a pop-up asking if you want to allow Bridge Access to your Smartsheet account.
- To continue, click Allow.
- Once authenticated, click on the Triggers tab and expand the Triggers section.
- In the field Sheet ID, enter the unique ID of the sheet or, if you know the sheet name is unique, simply type in the name.
Locating the Sheet ID
- You can find the sheet ID by navigating to your sheet and selecting Properties in the File dropdown.
- Next, select the event type When Rows Are Added.
- Select the workflow that should be triggered in the dropdown.
- Click Save and go back to the designer.
If you are using multiple sheets to gather lead information you simply repeat this trigger setup for each sheet.
With the Marketo module, you can use the email entered to locate the lead before adding them to the static list specified. If the lead doesn't already exist it creates them before adding them to the static list. By default it lets you specify the leads First Name, Last Name and Company but if you have additional lead fields you want to populate if a new lead is created you can expand the Other Fields section.
In the Key field, type in the name of the field you want to populate in Marketo and enter the value as a manually entered value or as a data reference in the Value field.
The below screenshot shows the sheet that was used when building this example. Most of the columns below are used in the workflow so if you are following this exact example make sure you have the same columns in your sheet.