Create a Portfolio View With a Sheet Summary Report
This Help Article Appears in the Following Learning Tracks
Aggregate your summary data across multiple sheets using sheet summary reports to create a portfolio-level view. Create a sheet summary report to:
- Report on key summary fields across multiple sheets to get a high-level overview
- Communicate portfolio summary and progress metrics in executive dashboards
- Highlight portfolio level stats using charts and graphs on
Who can use this capability
Anyone with a Smartsheet license who has access to sheets with sheet summaries can create a portfolio report. Anyone shared to the report and the underlying sheets can see the information in the report.
Business, Enterprise, and Premier plans.
Before you begin
- Make sure that your summary fields are consistently named across all of your sheets. Even minor differences in character spacing and capitalization can cause summary information to be excluded from a report.
- To prevent the appearance of duplicate columns in the report, make sure that you’re using the same field type across all summary fields used to collect the same kind of data.
Sheet Summary Report is not available for Premium Apps.
Create a portfolio view
To create a portfolio view, you’ll need to create a sheet summary report and define what information is pulled into it.
Create your sheet summary report
- Select the plus icon (on the left panel) > Create > Report.
- Type a name for your report.
- Choose the Sheet Summary Report option.
- Click OK.
Define what is pulled into the report
- Open the report builder by clicking the report builder icon .
- Click Source Sheets and specify which sheets and their sheet summaries will be pulled into this report.
- Click Columns to Display and select the summary fields you would like to show in this report.
- Click Filter Criteria to define parameters for summary information displayed in the report.
- Click Sorting to define how summary information is sorted in the report.
- Click Save to confirm your selections, and summary data that meets defined criteria will be displayed in the report.
Edit custom Sheet Summary fields
- Click the arrow on the left side cell of the row you want to modify, and select Edit. Alternatively, you can right click the Sheet Name cell > Row Actions... > Edit
- The Sheet Summary form will open if the source sheet has custom fields. Otherwise, you will see the message "This sheet has no custom summary fields defined."
- Once you have completed your changes, click Save to finish.