Identify your Smartsheet plan and user type
Knowing your plan and user type can help you understand what you can do in Smartsheet.
What you can do in Smartsheet depends on:
- Your plan and user type
- Whether or not you have a Smartsheet license
- Your permissions on the items you’re working with
Get information about your plan
- In the lower-left corner, select Account > Plan Info
- In the Account Administration dialog, check the Plan section.
Your System Adminstrator contact is listed in the Main Contact section.
Things to know about Free plans
If your plan type is listed as Free, you don’t have a Smartsheet license.
The value in the Sheets Owned section will always be 0 for a Free plan type, because you must have a license to create or own sheets.
You might have a Free plan if:
- Someone shared a sheet or other Smartsheet item to you and you’re not licensed on any other Smartsheet plan
- A SysAdmin invited you to join a Business or Enterprise plan but didn’t grant you a license to the plan
- You switched from a paid plan to a Free plan
- You started a free 30-day trial, and that trial expired
Things to know about Trial plans
If you’re using a trial of Smartsheet:
- Your plan type will be listed as Trial
- You’ll see the Upgrade Options button at the top of the Account Administration dialog
- You’ll have all of the options available to a licensed user for the entire trial
Licenses and SysAdmins
Every account must have at least one SysAdmin but the SysAdmin can be unlicensed. If possible, your account should have at least two Sys Admins.
Verify who has a license on your plan
- In the lower-left area of the Navigation Bar, select Account > User Management.
- Select Manage Licenced Users on the Licensed Users tile.
Determine if you're a SysAdmin
If you’re a SysAdmin on your account, when you select Plan & Billing Info (or access the Account Administration link), you have additional capabilities including access to:
- Admin Center page
- User Management page
- License Request Management
- Login History
- Account Settings