If your organization uses Google Hangouts or Skype for Business, you can access those services directly from Smartsheet.
If you are a Smartsheet System Admin, follow the steps in this article to enable one of the supported chat services so that all Smartsheet users in your organization can communicate with collaborators in real time as they manage work together.
Skype for Business Qualified Plan Types
The Skype for Business integration discussed here is included with Business and eligible Enterprise plans. For more information about plans and pricing, including which features are included with which plans, please see our Pricing page.
Before You Begin
Keep the following in mind when setting up your integration service:
- You must be a Licensed System Administrator in Smartsheet to configure the integration service for your account. More on the Licensed User and System Administrator user type can be found the User Types article in our Help center.
- You can currently integrate with one chat service across your account at a time, but you can change the chat service that you use with Smartsheet at any time.
- You must be an Office 365 Global Admin for your organization to successfully authenticate with Skype for Business.
- Skype for Business integration is available with Business and eligible Enterprise plans. For more information about plans and pricing (including which features are included with which plans), see our Pricing page.
- For unlicensed users to take advantage of this integration, they'll need to be added as free members to a Business or eligible Enterprise plan. System Administrators can do this with the steps in our User Management article.
- Smartsheet is compatible with Skype for Business Online only. The integration isn't compatible with Skype for Business on-premises systems.
To configure chat integration options:
- Sign in to your Smartsheet account with System Administrator credentials.
- Select Account > Account Admin in the upper-left corner of the Smartsheet window.
The Account Administration form appears.
- Select Account Settings from the left panel.
- In the In-App Chat section, select Edit to open the In-App Chat form.
- Choose Skype for Business or Google Hangouts and click Save.
NOTE: If you're using Skype for Business as your chat provider, you'll need to grant consent through Office 365. See the section below for details.
To use Skype for Business as your chat provider, you'll need authenticate through Office 365.
You must be an Office 365 Global Admin for your organization to successfully authenticate with Skype for Business. More information about this can be found in the About Office 365 Admin Roles Microsoft Support article.
When you select Skype for Business as your chat provider and click Save, as per the steps above, you'll need to grant consent via Office 365.
- Click Grant Consent.
You'll be taken to the Office 365 Login page.
- Sign in to your Global Admin Office 365 account, then navigate back to the Smartsheet window and click Save.
You're done! Now everyone in your organization's Smartsheet account can chat with Skype for Business without leaving Smartsheet.
Now that you’ve configured the chat integration, Smartsheet users in your organization will be able to use Google Hangouts or Skype for Business right from Smartsheet.
For more information about how members of your organization can use these services, please refer to the following articles in our Help center: