In the Smartsheet app for iOS, you can switch between List, Grid, Gantt, and Calendar views using the View Selector in the lower-left corner of a sheet.
The views that are available in the menu will differ based on the contents of the sheet.
NOTE: Some features, such as Gantt View, are only available on devices running iOS 6 and above.
At the bottom of each view you'll have access to buttons to help you work with the sheets:
Filter: From List View or Grid View, you can apply or remove filters that you've configured from the full version of Smartsheet (accessible from a desktop or laptop computer). The iOS app doesn't currently support creating new filters or changing filter settings.
Refresh: Refresh the sheet to review any changes made by other collaborators.
Search: Search for values within the sheet.
Attachments and discussions can also be created and managed in both the List and Grid Views of your sheet. Learn more in our help article on Attachments & Discussions in the iOS app.
List View displays the information from the Primary Column of the sheet only. This is the best view for quickly navigating through a sheet to find and edit specific data.
Grid View displays all rows and columns in your sheet to give a full overview of the project. Grid View will also display any formatting that has been applied via the desktop version of Smartsheet.
If a Gantt chart has been added to a sheet or report from the full version of Smartsheet (accessible via desktop or laptop computer) or if you've created a new sheet that includes one automatically, open to the Gantt View to review the chart in the iOS app.
The content from the Primary Column will be displayed in tabs on the left side, with each associated Gantt bar displayed to the right.
Here are some tips for working in Gantt view:
- Jump to the Gantt bar for a row: Tap on a label in the row
- Select a different row to display next to each Gantt bar: By default, the text displayed next to each Gantt bar is the same as the text in the row's Primary Column. You can select a different column to display from the sheet's Project Settings, accessible by logging in to Smartsheet from a desktop or laptop computer.
- Highlight a task's dependencies: Tap on the Gantt bar for the task
- Open a row for editing: Double-tap on a Gantt bar or label
- View, Edit or Send the row via email: Long-press on a Gantt bar or label
- Zoom in: Pinch out to zoom in on the Gantt chart
- Zoom out: Pinch two fingers together to zoom out on the Gantt chart
- Highlight the tasks on the critical path: Tap the critical path icon at the bottom of the app
Learn more in our article on Tracking a Project's Critical Path.
Display your tasks, events, or data from any other Smartsheet row in a timeline. From calendar view, you can:
- Quickly scroll and zoom to find the information you need, and tap on any bar to view or edit the details.
- Click the today icon in the lower-right portion of the app to quickly return to the current date.
- Use the group by icon to view tasks by groups (you can group items if your sheet includes any of the following column types: Contact List, Dropdown List, Symbol, or Checkbox).