The Smartsheet app for Android helps you access and edit your Smartsheet data while on the go. It's designed as a companion to the full-featured Smartsheet web application.
Don't have the app? You can download and install it from the Google Play Store or the Amazon App Store. Blackberry users on OS 10.3.1 can also search the app store for Smartsheet to use the Android app.
The Login Screen
When you first open the app, you'll be prompted to log in to your existing Smartsheet account or create a new free trial. Going forward you'll be logged in to this account automatically when opening the app unless you sign out or revoke access.
To log in to an existing account, tap on the Account field and select Sign in with Google or type in the email address you use with your Smartsheet account, and then tap Continue. On the next page, type your Smartsheet account password or tap Use my Company Login if your organization has set up SSO with Smartsheet.
The Home Page
After signing in to the app you’ll be directed to the Home page, which lists your accessible sheets, reports, folders and workspaces (to learn more, review our help article on Creating & Managing Sheets in the Android app). If you navigate away, you can always return by tapping the back icon on your Android device or the left-pointing arrow in the upper-left corner of the app.
You can access the following from the Home page:
- Recent Items: Lists sheets and reports that you've recently opened from the Android app.
- Favorites: Lists sheets, reports, folders and workspaces that you've marked as favorites from any device. To add an item to the list from the Android app, long-press on the item from the Home page and tap the star at the top of the screen.
All other sheets, reports, folders and workspaces are displayed beneath Favorites. Tap on a sheet to open it, or long-press and tap More to Send, Duplicate, Rename, or Delete it.
To create new sheets, tap the plus icon in the lower-right corner and then select Blank Sheet or select a template.
From the top of the Home screen you can also do these things:
- Search: Tap this icon to search for a sheet by its name or the data it contains.
- Refresh : Tap this icon on the Home page to refresh the list of accessible sheets. You'll see the same icon at the bottom of your sheets and can tap it to refresh its content.
- Access More . Tap this icon to get to the following:
Settings: Get details about your account such as plan type, email address, name, and language. Here you can tap on your first or last name to edit it, then tap Save in the upper-right corner. You can also enable or disable file Rename on Upload, a feature which prompts you to re-name files uploaded as attachments to your sheets.
Help: Access Help articles, videos, and guides to help you become familiar with the app. Also use this submit Feedback to the Smartsheet team.
Sign Out: Sign out of the Android app.
Open and Find Smartsheet Web Forms from the Smartsheet App
Keep the Smartsheet web forms you use together and access them more quickly by opening them from the Smartsheet app for Android.
When you tap a Smartsheet web form link that you’ve received on your mobile device—for example, in an email message—you’ll have the option to open the web form in the Smartsheet Android app.
If you open a Smartsheet web form from the mobile app, it will appear on the app’s Home screen under Web Forms for you to access later. (You may also see the web form under Recent Items.)
Here are some best practices when using Smartsheet web forms on your Android device:
- Minimize the number of times you log out of the application. Logging out of the mobile application will clear the list of web forms from the app’s Home screen.
- Avoid pinning Smartsheet web form links to your device’s home screen—doing this prevents the web forms from being opened in the mobile application.