Who can use this capability
Administrators, Designers, Authors, and Contributors can edit inputs shared over multiple documents.
Edit multiple documents at once
You can simultaneously edit multiple documents with shared inputs.
How to edit multiple documents at once
- Choose a project with the documents you'd like to edit, or if you don't already have the project/documents, please read the knowledge base articles on how to create projects and create documents.
- Select the documents you'd like to edit from the projects view by simply left-clicking them, then select Edit once finished with your selection.
- After selecting Edit, the page will take you inside the Multi-edit screen, where you'll see the document's previews and their inputs. Some documents share the same inputs, and changing this input type will update multiple documents.
- You can select the inputs that you'd like to change on the left-hand side or from the document preview. For example, I changed the Heading input in the gif below, which updated the three documents.
- Select Save once you've made all your changes. Doing so will save all the changes you've made in the documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I use the inputs to edit documents?
Please review the article How to Edit Documents Using Inputs to learn about editing documents with inputs.
Can I send multiple documents for approval?
No. This is a feature that we're looking into building inside the platform. For now, please submit the documents for approval individually. Check out this article: Requesting Document Approval.