Who can use this capability
Administrators, Designers, and Authors can move or duplicate their documents.
Move and duplicate Content Automation documents
Users can duplicate and move documents.
- Select the documents you want to move inside a project.
- Click the ... More button and select Move.
- A dialogue box will appear asking for the project name where you'd like to move the selected documents. Click the editor and start typing in the project name to search the list of projects you can access. Select the project that you'd like to move the document/s to once it appears in the selection.
- Select Move once you've selected the project. The documents will then be moved to the selected project.
- Inside a project, select the document/s that you'd like to duplicate by simply left-clicking them. It will highlight the document when selected.
- Click the ... More button and select Duplicate.
- A dialogue box will appear asking for the project name to which you'd like to copy and move the selected document/s. If you want to keep the duplicated copy in the current project that you're in, you won't need to do anything otherwise, click x on the field and start typing in the name of the project to search the list of your projects. Select the project once it appears in the selection.
- Click Duplicate when you're happy with the project selection. A new copy of the selected documents will be created inside the project selected.
Frequently asked questions
Can you move a document to a project that you didn't create?
You can move documents to all the projects listed under All Projects because these are the projects you have permission to access.