Who can use this capability
Owners and Admins can enable the asset availability feature.
Control which assets are available to users with publish and expiration dates.
Asset availability is a Brandfolder rights management feature that allows you to control which assets are available to your users with publish and expiration dates.
Publishing and expiring assets
- From your Brandfolder, select one or multiple assets to display the bulk actions toolbar.
- Select the clock icon in the bulk actions toolbar to schedule availability.
- A new schedule availability modal will appear.
- Toggle on Enable Availability Date to set a date and time for your users to have access to the asset(s).
- Toggle on Enable Expiration Date to set a date and time for your users to no longer have access to the asset(s).
4. Select, Save.
5. New banners will appear on your assets.
- Unpublished/assets that are not available will be tagged with a Draft banner.
- Assets that are expired will be tagged with an Expired banner.
Assets in the Draft and Expired state are only visible to Admins and Collaborators; Guest users cannot view them.
- Select the expired asset.
- Choose the clock icon in the bulk actions toolbar to schedule availability.
- Toggle on Enable Availability Date.
- You can put the current time to unexpire the asset.
- If it will unexpire or publish in the future, set the exact date and time.
- Select Save.
- An asset's availability status will affect its view in share links, Collections, and CDN embeds.
- For CDN embeds, if an asset expires in Brandfolder, it will not appear on websites or emails where it is being displayed via CDN embed links.
- Approval status always takes precedence over Expired/Draft assets
- If an asset is expired and unapproved, the pending banner will show
- If an asset is unpublished and unapproved, the pending banner will show
Then if those assets are approved, they will display expired/unpublished banners