Smartsheet Integration with Salesforce
- The Salesforce administrator for your domain must install our app from the Salesforce App Exchange
- The Salesforce administrator for your domain must configure it appropriately using the instructions laid out in the User Installation Guide.
It’s important to follow all instructions in the guide to ensure all functionality is properly configured for use on the desired Salesforce objects. After the SF administrator has installed and configured the app, users can access the following functionality:
- Single sign-on to Smartsheet from Salesforce
- Launch Smartsheet
- Open existing sheets
- Create new project sheets
- Link to existing sheets
NOTE: The integration does not support syncing fields in Salesforce with data contained in a sheet.
Once a Smartsheet has been linked to a Salesforce account, contact, opportunity or case, you can open it by clicking on the sheet name and then clicking Open Smartsheet.
A Salesforce user must be shared to a sheet within Smartsheet, otherwise when the user clicks on the link to open a sheet from Salesforce, a message will be displayed indicating that the user does not have permission to open the sheet.
If sheets are shared with non-Salesforce users, the external parties will only be able to access the sheet(s) shared to them in Smartsheet. They will have no links to Salesforce.
Back to top
- Confirm the Salesforce administrator has installed and configured the Smartsheet for Salesforce app.
- From within Salesforce, click New Smartsheet.
- Enter the Smartsheet name for the new sheet.
- Select the Smartsheet type (e.g., Project with Gantt, Task List, Blank Sheet, etc.).
- (Optional) Enter a description.
- Click Create New Smartsheet. A new sheet displays in Smartsheet. A link to the new sheet displays in the Smartsheet list in your Salesforce page, or object from which you started.
- Confirm the Salesforce administrator has installed and configured the Smartsheet for Salesforce app. They will need to follow the instructions in the user guide to add the Link Existing Smartsheet button to Salesforce objects.
- In Salesforce, click Link Existing Smartsheet.
- Select the Smartsheet to which you want to link.
- Open the sheet if you want to view it, or go back to the Salesforce page, or object, to verify that the sheet has been linked.
Click Delete to the left of a Smartsheet link in Salesforce to delete that link in Salesforce. This does not delete the sheet in Smartsheet. You will need to go to Smartsheet to delete the sheet. Also, if you have linked to the same sheet from multiple places in Salesforce, deleting one link does not delete the others.
Back to top
We're currently investigating an issue that causes the current version of Google Chrome(36) to crash when opening certain sheets. Until a resolution is available, we suggest working from a different web browser such as Mozilla Firefox. Please email email@example.com to receive status updates on this issue.Request a callbackSmartsheet Support Promise
+1 (425) 283-1870
- Respond to each inquiry
- Provide professional assistance
- Find answers. Resolve issues.